Friday, July 31, 2015

Gizzard Guts 7/20/2015

Dear Family and Friends,

First, something I hope people can learn, there are blessings, yes, that come from the Sabbath, but don't forget the biggest one...the Sabbath itself. The Sabbath its self is a blessing, not a burden. Don't get tricked.

This week we had a big mission conference and met our new president. He has two kids and wow I just felt so bad for them. They looked so, so...scared. I don't feel bad for them. It's scary at first. It was really good though and they are an amazing family.

This week we taught this lady named Juliet. She is from Ghana and is so great. But she now always wants to feed us Ghana food.... Not so great. I don't think my American body can handle that kind of stuff. Boy. When they left the room, I quickly wrapped the gizzard guts in
napkins and shoved them in my comps bag. Don't worry she still loves me. 😀 We made it out alive, but next time she wants to make us fu fu...so pray for me. After we ran out of napkins...I may or may not have thrown the last gizzard gut out the window. But all is well. She has a fecha and is amazing. 😀

We are also teaching this super cute family. It's a mom and her two boys. The one little boys name is Daniel and although he is only 10, he is amazing. He has amazing questions and really wants to be prepared for his baptism. They are just amazing. The moms name is Antonia and then there's Daniel and Dennis. And they already have so many friends in the ward, and make my day every time we see them.

This week I re-read one of my favorite conference talks. It's one most of you know called Come What May and Love It, by Joseph B Worthlin. Often I think...maybe I am laughing too hard in the mission. But whenever I think of that, I think of this quote... "The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable." Often when things go wrong in the mission, I have to just laugh. My comps really good with that. And man it makes the mission so much better. So here's my goal for you. Laugh more. Learn to laugh and enjoy the journey. People don't laugh enough. Yours a guy in our ward, yes, his name is Yours....anyways he told me and my comp he liked us because we are always happy. Although it's not true about us, I know his statement is true. People like happy people.
So re-read this talk, and laugh more when you want to groan.

Love, Hermana Kelemen

No comments:

Post a Comment