Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Crazy Magnet 8/10/2015

Dear Family and Friends,

We did a lot more character building this week. Our investigator 'contacting' is very needy. Ja ja ja😂 I kill my self.

We did another two exchanges this week. 😑 exchanges are called intercambios. It's where you switch companions for 24 hours. You go to their area or they come to yours. And I guess it's a great time to learn things from each other. If I had to explain it in two words, it
would be 'small talk' --- just kidding. I really did learn a lot from the other Hermanas. It's cool to see how each person works. We have another two coming up this next week...Hip hip hooray...if your about that kinda life.

I have decided that the craziness follows me. Every time I'm on exchanges we seem to come in contact with some very strange people. Every time my companion says, "Wow, how strange, that normally doesn't happen." And I want to say, "No? They are everywhere. I always find them." But I hold that in, hoping maybe it's not me that is the one causing the crazies to pop out.

I wish a had a lot of stories to tell you about the ward members and our investigators, but I've been out of my area so much...I really don't know how they're doing. Our African friends keep sharing their food with us. So, more fire rice and weird meat that comes from...I don't even know what animal or what part of the body. Yum.

I honestly love my companion. This is the last week of this transfer, and I really don't want her to leave me. I really would be totally fine finishing the mission with her as my companion for the next 10 months. I'm going to try to do some hint hinting in my letter to president this week about how great we work together😉. So next week I'll tell you how well my hinting goes.

What I learned this week: 'To be.....you!' Often times we look down on ourselves when we see all that we are lacking. Maybe you're not as funny as Robert, or maybe you're not as
talented as Jane, or maybe so and so is awesome at being a mom or coach, or what ever it might be. And yes, maybe to be honest, you aren't like them. But that's okay. Because...a wise close friend of mine once said, "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one on earth that is you er than you."  --Dr Seuss



You are the best you out there, so don't try to be someone else, because if you do, who's gonna be you? So really just try to be the best you. Yikes, I'm sounding like Dr Seuss, which means you just had to read that part ten times, and you still are trying to figure out what I'm saying. So this week be the best you; and no one else.

Love, Hermana Kelemen

P.S. Top reason why President should keep me and Hermana Baxter together:  We walk 35 miles per hour with our long legs. We get places. The ward like to joke about that when they see us 'sprinting' in the street. For them it's sprinting, but for us, it's a slow stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment