Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Conference & the Mad Music Conducting Skills 10/5/2015

Family and Friends,

Just like all of you, I too got to listen to conference---well, all but the last session. Well, wait, we did listen to the 4th session...but I didn't really listen myself.

Antonia, Daniel and Dennis came. And Antonia and Daniel loved it!! They were taking notes the whole time, and Antonia loved the last song, 'The Spirit of God'. (That was really powerful, no?) I on the other hand, I  attempted to write notes and listen...but it was a lost cause. I was wrestling with Dennis the whole time, the 5 year old boy. ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘ I learned a lot I guess from that.
1. Mothers who try to get their kids to listen to conference don't really listen themselves.
2. It's been a long time since I've worked at Adventure Time.

But it was good, because I can re-read the talks later. After the conference, we asked them all what their favorite part or speaker was. Dennis said he loved the conductor, the way he moved his arms and hands. Wait, the man who leads the music? I didn't pay too much attention to him...maybe I will have to re-watch that too.

We got to watch two sessions live, and it was really cool to think "around the world my family just finished hiking the Y, and they too are watching conference right now."

I really liked the story about Pablo and his dad in conference. How his father told him about things he might be feeling or passing through at different ages---because he once was there too. I don't know if you remember me asking you several times to tell me your mission stories, now that I am serving...this is what I was referring too. But unlike Pablo, I don't just have a dad to tell me what I might expect in the field. I have a mom, a sister, a brother, another brother, a sister, a sister, sister in law, brother in law, another sister in law, aunts, uncles, a cousin, another cousin, and times cousin by a lot. So if you trained once, or you were halfway through your mission once... What should I look out for?

Although, I would love to hear more stories, I too have heard a lot. One of the cousins wrote me a letter the other day about when he was on his mission, that really was just what I needed to hear. I have gotten letters from a bunch of the cousins, and my siblings that have helped me so much.

If Pablo was quite blessed with a good father to show him the way---then I'm down right spoiled rotten to have a huge family to show me the way.

Other really quick thing I loved from conference was in the Women's Conference. Elder Uchtorf shared a story about a positive, happy lady and her influence on an 11 year old girl. The story was good, but the ending was my favorite. He said, the little girl then went back home, but, however, she was never quite the same again. I hope, we too...walk away from this conference, never quite the same again. If not then it didn't fulfill it purpose.

I love you! This week was really good in the hood. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Love, Hermana Kelemen

P.S. I guessed Ronald A Rasband! Me and Hermana Graff made guesses for
the next apostles. The others I was so off---but I was glad I got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment