Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Humility 9/28/2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Our lesson appointment failed us Saturday night, and I was a little...fed up. But, my goal is, when people fail, or things don't work out the way I think they ought, to "put my shoulder to the wheel, (and) push a long, (because) we all have work, let(s) not shirk, (and) put our shoulder to the wheel." We either can sit and whine or keep-a-goin'.

When I don't feel like contacting, I have to say a prayer in my heart to have the attitude to work. Because even if you fake a smile...people can see past it. It's easier to find people when you're happy. Because people like happy people.

Anyways, I said a pray like 'Heavenly Father, I know there are people who are kept from the truth only because they don't know where to find it. I know there are people ready, so please help us find them tonight.'  We then went contacting, and met a lot of cool people. But
none of them where willing to listen to our message. We then were heading home, I saw a guy with his headphones in, listening to music and reading something on his phone. Normally, it's awkward to contact someone listening to music...So good thing I'm awkward. I just shouted "hola" extra loud. He took out his head phones and we began talking. He asked a lot of questions about who we were----and then he started crying----and he told us he was just wandering tonight, not knowing what to do. He told us a lot about the past couple years
in his life, and long story short, he is lost. He said he knows God is there, and is trusting in him to help him. I then told him that we, as missionaries, are Gods servants, and we know! We have something that will bless your life! We then told him about how before, I was praying for someone who was looking for the truth. He really liked that and thanked us over and over again. We will be seeing him tomorrow. It was a really cool experience.

Really, there have been a lot, a lot, a lot of tears shed this week. Not mine. Not my companions. But everyone we have found in the street and our investigators too. It's sad, because really we have found a lot of people who are going through some really ruff stuff. But these are the people who listen.

We can either choose to be humble, or God will compel us to be humble. I have been thinking a lot about humility. It is only the humble who listen to us. And why? In order to feel the spirit, we have to be humble.

One of our zone leaders is Hermana Graf's and my favorite person in all the world. Every time he talks, or is with you, you feel the spirit. Although, you would never expect it. He is really shy and quiet. But the reason we feel the spirit so much around him is because he is so humble. It doesn't matter if you give an amazing talk with great insight if you don't have the spirit. And you can't have it unless you are humble.

Although I feel so badly for all these people and the afflictions they have...I am so grateful we found them. Because we can help them!

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

It's been a really good week. And I have learned a lot about humility. I love you so much. And I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. So my invitation for you is to, 'put your shoulder to the wheel and push along'.

Love, Hermana Kelemen

P.S. I am growing so much everyday. And not just in the gospel. The food just never stops. I can't figure out if the members feeding us isa blessing or a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment