Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Being Served 2/18/2015

Dear, Fam Bam and Fri, Fri Ends.

Sorry last week my letter was short. I have much to catch you all up on.

First thing, Daniel our English speaking investigator from Ghanna is getting baptized this Saturday! Hoot hoot! We have been teaching him like every other day to get him ready. But honestly he is so ready. I feel so blessed to get to teach him. He is the funniest little man in the world. I can't wait to send you a picture of him. Words can't discribe this guy.

The lesson we invited to have him be babtized was so amazing. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and at the end explained that to get into the Celetail Kingdom he needed to be babtized. When we asked him, he said yes. It really was such a powerful lesson and the spirit was so strong. One thing I have been trying to work on this week is saying what Christ would say. After all I am his representive. So at the end of the lesson, I told him, "Heavenly Father is so proud and so excited for you. Because he wants you to return to him." 

It really wasn't me saying it, It was simple, but it's what God wanted to tell his son. I felt so happy that I was listening to the spirit and that I could be a tool in the Lords hands. It also got me thinking. The message is so simple. Sometimes we get caught up in all the facts. It's simple, God loves us and has prepared a way to bless us. 

After the whole lesson, he left the room to grab something and my compaion stood up did a victory dance and sat down. Respect. I love her ten times more for that. 

His prayers are also so amazing. He loves to quote scriptures. For example one time he said, "God, you said in Matthew verse so and so, and in James 1:5, and John so and so, that you would answer the questions of the soul. So if you are a man of your word please answer mine." I love it. I want to pray like him. Also the last lesson he prayed that missionary work would open up to all the face of the earth so the 'good word can be known by everyone'  Wow. His prayers are really wow. He is not even a memeber and he is praying for missions to open up. 

Yesterday we were reading Mosiah 2:17 with Daniel, "when your in the servce of your fellow being your in the service of you God." After he read it, I asked him what he got out of the scripture. This is what he said, "I've been thanking the wrong person! Im going to stop thanking you and only thank God. Because really you guys are serving God." I  couldn't help it and I just laughed. He is right. 
Daniel is golden. The Lord has really prepared him. He just finnished first Nephi and is reading confance talks... yeah mom you need to send me a new one, because I gave him my English copy. But he is doing great. 

Our deaf investigator Fransico… that's a whole different ball game. It's really intresting trying to teach him. He knows nothing about religion. We asked who came to the world first and he said Jesus. But I think he wants to learn more. Its hard becasue he cant express himslef 100%, so hard to know what he is thinking. He read the intro to the Book of Mormon and said he told all his friends about it, but none of them are familar with the LDS church. I love teaching him though. He is honestly so nice. We just have to get really creative with teaching. 

Funny story. So we always meet and teach Fransico at the Church. When we got there a huge party was going on and the music was so loud. We were worried... but then my compaion looked at me and said, "it's okay… he's deaf." So during our lesson we had Katy Perry in the background. Little did he know. But hey! The lesson turned out great. 

I know I say this all the time, but I really feel blessed. We went and visted this Lady in the ward she saw I wasn't wearing a scarf so she ran to her room and put this huge big blue one around my neck. It smelled like she dumped a bottle of perfume on it. I have left in on our porch for a week and it still smells like her. But what I am getting at, are these people are so nice. Always willing to help. 
We went over to a recent converts house to read with her daughter, Vivan. Vivan is an angel. No words can discribe this perfect girl. She is eight and she is reading the Book of Mormon. I was so excided to help her read and understand the stories. But like always I got helped instead. We took turns reading outloud and when it came to me, Vivan helped me sound out the words correct. I felt like a big oaf. I am 19 and I had an eight year old showing me how to read. But I felt so touched. You could tell she loved helping me... she kept saying the word before I would get to it :) 

And people constantly invite us over and feed us all the food in their house. I really just keep being blown away with how much they give. I just want it to be my turn. I want to beable to express my gratitude and tell them everthing I feel, but its frustrating because I can't. But so you know, of couse the Lord is taking care of me. He is blessing me like crazy and having people serve me right and left. Maybe one of these time I will write about me helping someone :) 

I love you so much! Have great week! 
Love, Hermana Kelemen 

No comments:

Post a Comment