Monday, February 23, 2015

Daniel's Baptism 2/23/2015

Dear Family and Friends, 


I think my letters are a bit strange. I am glad somehow you people are finding joy in them. 

First thing, Thursday was the mission tour, so much fun! Elder Dykes from the seventy came to speak to us. He doesn't speak spanish. Tender mercy right there. So pretty much the whole thing was in english, so I got a lot from it. He was very.... how do I say this. He didn't beat around the bush. I think He scared a lot of missionaries, but I liked him a lot. He just talked about missionary work. Okay so that's kind of a given. All his points were just so good and answered a lot of my prayers with investigators and other things. This was on thursday and really was so amazing. 

Now for the highlight of the week, Daniel our Golden Contact got baptized! You know in the card game Mission Impossible, every time I see Daniel I think of that Golden Contact card. For Aaron, Claire and Olivia and other fellows who have not served a mission but have played that game, he is as great as that card. You know in the game when you draw the card and you just have this peaceful feeling over you because you know no matter what you will still be in the game? Yep thats how it feels to have Daniel.

Okay so I don't understand why Daniel is pulling this face. He is a really smiley guy...
Anyways when we asked him if Sunny (a member we bring to lessons) could baptize him, this is what he said. "I don't care who baptizes me. It shouldn't matter! I just want to get baptized with the right authority!" I just laughed when he said that. He is amazing. The baptism was so good. At the end Daniel had the chance to bear his testimony. He got up, told everyone about his dream of being baptized into this church, and how he met us. He shared this story in the Bible where I guess Zacharis had salvation come to his door, and how us three sisters were his salvation. It was so nice. He then started quoting Thomas S. Monson, which shocked the ward members that came. But he did such a good job. He was so happy.

We made chocolate chip cookies and bought juice (yes the juice was my idea) just as a fun refreshment after. They went crazy over the cookies... they were good, but man what I would give to see them eat a real american chocolate chip cookie. I mean we did the best we could and they were good, but not like you can make in america. Anyways Daniel loved the cookies. 

We stayed and cleaned up, but the Elders in our district said they rode home with Daniel on the Bus and they said he was so happy and just smiled all the way home. :) Just the thought of that breaks my heart.

On Sunday he then got the Holy Ghost. He came and sat down by me and told me he just felt different. I told him that was a good sign. He told me he felt free and different. I was so happy for him. When we taught him about baptism and told him all his sins would be washed away his jaw dropped and he questioned, "really!?" I am so glad he felt that. 

I wish I could give this little man justice in my letters, but I can't. He is the investigator missionaries dream about. Last night we went by his house and asked how his day had been. This is what he said, "After I got home from church I just went to my room kneeled down and gave thanks to God for a long time. I then had a little snack and read the Book of Mormon." Who else does that? We then read a conference talk with him the one called "Joseph Smith". As we read he would pause and say things like, "Wonderful,"  "Perfect,"  "This sure is a man of God." We then, just to blow is mind showed him the gospel app and showed him where to watch mormon messages. 

Anytime he has a question about anything. For example when we were teaching the Word of Wisdom, he asked if he could drink a little bit of tea here and there. When we said no and tried to explain why he stopped us and said, "Girls it's okay I will give it up, I can't battle with God." Thats his saying for everything. I love it. Like I said he is perfect.

As we were leaving he stopped us and said. I have a friend who invited me over for lunch for the next week. I told them that is great but I am going to bring some missionaries over so they can share you a message. He then asked if that was okay. I then jumped up and down, flared my long arms around with joy and sang, "OKAY? Little man why are you even asking! Yes! that is why were are here! You are PERFECT! You are so perfect you don't even know you are perfect!" Okay, so you don't have to be praying for my sanity, because no I actually did not really do that... but that is what was going on in my mind. 

That night I just cried. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude. I know with all of these amazing experiences I might sound like a cool missionary, but truths coming out, I am not! I really am not. I don't understand why I am being so blessed, but I am. Daniel was ready for the gospel and the spirit did the rest I am just glad I could see it all come about. I blame my friends and huge family's prayers for the experiences I am having. Casidy shared me a story in the Bible that explains what I feel. You know when Christ tells them to bring their 12 fishes and loaves and then all of a sudden they feed five thousand? Thats the best way to explain it. I am bringing all I have to offer... which actually is pretty close to the cost of 12 fish you could by at Walmart. But then God just gives you so much more in return. Then math doesn't add up and really I can't explain it. But I am just glad. I want to complain about my spanish... because I am still struggling with that guy, but really I can´t Because I have the two best trainers in all of Spain and golden investigators. 

You know how I told you how my companions are like the three Nephites? Yes, well I told that to President Jackson my first week and I think he got carried away with that little thought of mine. Because the other day he called and said, "My trio!" "My three Nephites." And laughed to himself. I think he missed the message I was trying to send him. It's two mister, two. I don't know where the other one, because it's not me. 

Tell Aunt Katherine thank you for the letter. What she said was honestly what I needed to hear. I even shared in with my companions I liked it so much. It was also so fun to hear what her and her family was up to. She is the best, let her know that. Tell her I will try to write her back soon! 

And CASIDY, a little girl... pray for her who knows her brother might eat her.
I love you guys. I think about you a lot.
Send me more pictures. Of Eve, Aaron's dates, and Poe's selfies on your laptop. Because I know our mother doesn't really take pictures often, but send me the ones you can manage. 
  
I love you so much!
Love, Hermana Kelemen 

No comments:

Post a Comment