Thursday, January 28, 2016

Fear Not 12/21/2015

Dear Family, 

This week was bomb. The islands have been pretty fun. My companion is an amazing cook, and has been cooking a lot for me this week— tender mercies. She has been teaching me a couple things too. 😀 right now we have some really cool investigators. But for some weird reason, people don't want two Mormon girls over at their house for the holidays. "Call us after the holidays",  they all say. Makes sense. 

I had the chance to listen to the Christmas devotional—which I loved. I liked all the talks, but I liked the first one a lot. This morning as I was studying the birth of Christ, and this time as I was reading the angels messages, this is what stood out to me. 

When the angel appeared to Zacharias -
Luke 1: 13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

When the angel appeared to Mary - 
Luke 1: 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

When the angel appeared to Joseph - 
Matthew 1: 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

When the angel appeared to the shepherds - 
Luke 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Fear not. The angel repeated this message to each one of them. We as people...fear, but we don't need to because we have a savior. I like this message of "fear not" and I want to invite you all to think of something that you normally fear... And listen, and take the advice sent from God...and fear not. (Fret not😀

I know there is a God, and I know he loves me, because he sent his Son, to take my sins upon him, to make it possible for me, Kate, to return to God and enjoy all the blessings he has for me. And I know God love you too because his Son did the same for you. 

I love you all, have a Merry Christmas!! 

Love, Hermana Kelemen 


No comments:

Post a Comment