Monday, February 22, 2016

Close Your Eyes 2/15/16

My people, 

We teach a menos activo lady, who is super nice, but sometimes she confuses me. Whenever we ask her to say the prayer, you have to be ready, because she will just go for it, and it's hard to tell, cuz her eyes stay open. It's really quite creepy. I don't know if we need to teach her the lesson in primary that you need to CLOSE your eyes and not beat them across the room back and forth rapidly as you speedily say the prayer. 

We also had a conference with Elder Moriera from the seventy. I loved him. I think he is now my favorite. He is a goof, and so stinkin' funny, and fuerte, and very spiritual at the same time. Something he said stood out to me, he told us never to go to bed angry. Not now in the mission or when we return from the mission back home. Not sure why, but I'm gunna put it to the test. 

He also talked about the fruits of repentance, which are 
1. Change of habit 
2. Change of thought 
3. Change of belief 
4. Change of attitude 
5. Change of behavior 
He also told us we must not just watch our investigators change, we change with them. I don't know, that was a cool thought. 

I actually got to hear from him twice, because last week I forgot to tell you I went back to Madrid for my residency card. At last I'm getting one, after 8 months or so after I got robbed. And when I went back it happened to be the day of the conference there in Madrid. Hoot, hoot. It was weird cuz I traveled alone. So I was alone for a long time. I felt lonely, and I tried to share the gospel in the plane like you hear in all the fast and testimony meetings, because normally it's impossible because you always travel with other missionaries and sit by them. But because I was alone, I tried my best to preach, but no one wanted to listen to my Tarzan grunts, they wanted to sleep. 😐 hey now. 

This week we met with Carmen and taught her the plan of salvation. We then invited her to be baptized and she said 🎉 yes!!!! 🎉She than began to cry and told us she was getting 'that good feeling again'. It was honestly amazing. We as missionaries did nothing, but the spirit and the Lord prepared her so much. 
🎶celebrate good times come on...du du du du du...🎤 
That song just fits. 

This week I learned a lot about repentance. I can't really explain it. I have seen the power of the atonement work though so many people, and me as well. All week my thought has been the same as Enos, "Lord how is it done?" I still don't fully understand the atonement, and don't think I quite ever will in this life. But this I do know, that it works. In Matthew 11:30, one of my favorite scriptures says "for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Why is it easy? Why is it light? Because of His atonement. 

Love, Hermana Kelemen 

No comments:

Post a Comment