Monday, February 1, 2016

Learned a New Word & Made a New Friend 1/11/2016

Dear Fam and Fri, 
Right now as I'm writing you,this is my view:
I'm sitting on the beach, in the sun. 


This past week I had a weird headache pain in my head. It wasn't really a headache, but my head was crazy itchy. And because of this always there was just an irritating feel in my head. I figured it was the new shampoo I had bought and thought with time it would go away. But it didn't and I wasn't sure what to do. So I took the advice of my mother, whenever there is pain in the body or something strange, this is her advice, "Drink more water and use the power of thoughts to get rid of it". So I tried my best...but then on Tuesday I found a friend named, Luis Jorge--a little bug, when I was in the bathroom. 
I showed my new buddy to my comp and asked her if she had ever seen this type of bug before, because for me it was new. She then asked me where I found it, I was hesitant, but at last told her I found this guy in my hair. She then asked if my head itched. I told her yes and she then told me "quiero que tienes piojos". I had never heard that word...but I knew what she was talking about and convinced her I didn't.  But then two days later, I found the son of Luis Jorge, Pedro in my hair...and I realized that I could no longer deny it, Luis Jorge and many of his descendants had decided to dwell among me. 

Spanish word of the week: piojos , which means lice (something you won't learn from watching Dora the explorer).

But we destroyed the civilization of Luis Jorge and my companion named the last piojo Moroni. Because he too was the last of his people. 

We found an amazing lady named Carmen, yesterday we taught her lesson one and at the end she asked, "when I receive an answer if the book of Mormons true, can I too serve like you?" She's 46, and we told her she could do other service for the church, that there's all types of service. She loved that and then asked if she could share the Book of Mormon with her friends... 😀 then she told us, "This is exactly what I want. I'm sick of the Catholic Church. (Sorry to say, but to me this phrase was music to my ears). I'm done, it's not helping. I have questions and no one has answers. If you can I would want you to come over more and teach me more, and I want to ask more questions". When she said that I just thought....'Little do you know... This is why we are here!!!'  🎤Celebrate good times. Come on🎶 that song too popped in my head after she finished talking. She is amazing. 
Also our 70 year old mission leader now likes me. My companion bought me two heaps of blocks of cheese and we brought the cheese to correlation and he too shares my love for cheese. 

Things are good. I'm happy. My companion's happy—now that she doesn't have to comb my friends out of my hair anymore. 

One thing I love so much are the hymns of the church. To me personally, it is the fastest way to feel the spirit. My goal this past week was to have the spirit be more with me. Because only with the spirit can we become like Christ. I don't know I found I'm more happy and can feel the spirit more strong when I do this. 

If on occasion you have found
Your language is in question,
Or ugly thoughts come to your mind,
Then here’s a good suggestion
Just hum your favorite hymn,
Sing out with vigor and vim,
And you will find it clears your mind.
Hum your favorite hymn.
 Before you say an angry word,
Remember you’ll regret it,
For once it’s said the harm is done,
And some folks won’t forget it.
Just hum your favorite hymn,
Sing out with vigor and vim,
And you will find it clears your mind.
Hum your favorite hymn.

I love you and you all have the best week of your life. 
Love, Hermana Kelemen

Pictures of the beach and me washing and cleaning lice out of my hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment