Monday, February 1, 2016

Star Spangled Banner, Diet, 30 Day Challenge 2/1/2016

My People,

Good news—my comp is staying!!! Hoot hoot hoot!!! I'm so happy! 
Being with Hermana Campillo is very fun...and very different. Everyone still calls me baby face. And when our investigator Alexis found out how old I was, he refused to call me by my name, and now calls me 'mi Nina'. Everyone thinks I'm a baby missionary...because my companion is 34. But little do they understand that the majority of us are babies, and she is actually the odd one out, but whatever. 

I also now am not Bella from Twilight, but everyone tells me I look like the girl from 'Pirates'. I know it's because I have crazy hair all the time. 

With the start of a new transfer, I thought I would set some new goals. Here are my three: 
1. Teach Hermana Campillo the Star Spangled Banner

2. A Scripture challenge:
"Would you be willing to try an experiment for 30 days?
Daily kneel and thank your Heavenly Father for the scriptures. Tell Him the one question you most need to have answered that day. Plead to have the Holy Ghost with you as you read. Then open your scriptures anywhere, and read until you find the answer. Try it for 30 days and see what happens." - Wendy Nelson 

 3. And I am starting my February diet. 

The first one my comp is psyched about...maybe. 
The second, I started today, and I want to invite everyone to try it out with me starting today.
The third one is because I've gotten a little obsessed with the juice and pastries here. 

We are teaching a guy named Alexis who we were about to drop this week. Every time we teach him and invite him to do something, he always says the same 'I can't'. But the last time with met with him, we found out he has stopped drinking alcohol and coffee! He told us he still has problems with the other things like the word of wisdom, but he is trying his best. When he said this, honestly, our jaws dropped. I couldn't hold it in and gave him two hard knuckle pumps. I was so happy! It really made our week. 

Sometimes at night when I say my prayers at night I cry—because I am so blessed. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to be out here on this island with my companion. I don't know. This week we were contacting a ton, because we really are looking for people to teach. People say Telde is hard, and it is, but at the same time, I always feel so stinkin' spoiled I don't really know how it explain it. 

God not only loves us, but he spoils us...at least I think so. 

Love Hermana Kelemen 

P.S. I have a new duty to bring cheese to every correlation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment