Monday, February 22, 2016

Two Goals Ruined 2/8/16

My people,

First goal:
So for my diet—
We had a lesson with a recent convert named Marcos. He is the best person here on this island!! And when he came to the lesson, he was carrying a huge bag. In our heads we were like, 'what the?' He then told us he brought us a gift...and lo and behold, inside were 36 cartons of juice. *Hand to the face*, he is so nice. So I ended that goal, of not drinking juice. 

Finally, we met with Carmen again. She honestly is so awesome, but she is always in bed, or at the hospital, because she has problems with her knees. But she loves reading in the Book of Mormon. The other day we had the elders come and give her a blessing. Let me just tell you the two elders in our area are very new. One just finished his training, and the other only has one more than him. But the blessing they gave was one of the best I have ever heard. It was so simple, yet the presence of the spirit was so strong.

I think I said this my first week, Hermana Campillo and I are pretty much in a trio because there is a girl in our branch that is always with us named Alejandra. She is amazing, not only is she with us 24-7, but she is always inviting everyone she knows to church. We began teaching one of her friends named Cassandra, but we call her wawa. (Little random fact: wawa in the islands means bus) it's a very long story why we call her that, but we do. (I promise, I'm not a weirdo, and it's a normal thing.) Anyways she is amazing and had some of the best questions. She is very very interested, and really wants to know for herself if there is a God. ๐Ÿ˜€Can I get a hoot hoot!?

Second goal...or dream:
So I got the worst news in the whole entire world. I wish I could say I'm happy about it, but I'm not. For some reason, due to some problems, no one in my group can extend.๐Ÿ˜ฉHermana Smith, a hermana I came in with, too was told she could extend and we were so happy. We got a letter asking if we wanted to extend, and then President wrote us an awkward letter saying psych I thought it was possible, but it's not. ๐Ÿ˜• Ugh, so my new date is May 31, that's that, and I don't want to talk about ending my mission anymore.

Love Hermana Kelemen

P.S. for p-day today we went to the dunes. It's on a beach and there are a ton of rolling hills of sand. In Moab, we like to run down the sand hills, and it's the same here. It was so much fun!! But I have sand EVERYWHERE. We got sand in our eyes, clothes, bags, food, water,
ears...everything. But it was worth it!๐Ÿ˜€


No comments:

Post a Comment