Thursday, May 19, 2016

I'll Try To Make It Out Alive 5/16/2016

My people, 

Well, I don't have a lot of time. We are going to go listen to Elder Bednar today. So if I don't write you next week that means I didn't make it out alive. JK JK lol. I'm really excited, but it's just going to be two hours of open questions. I mean if you were with only 29 other people and an apostle what would you ask? I mean, I have a lot of questions, but I already know that I just need to do the primary answers to find the answers. Pray, read the scriptures, fast and listen the the Holy Ghost.  One question I have been thinking about—and I'll ask you to see what you think, and then I will ask David A Bednar and see what he thinks. 

So we had to read a couple talks from Bednar to prepare, and one was called Ask In Faith. I'll send it to you. 

Ask In FAITH 
Not my will, but thine be done. 
"In desperation and for the first time in many years, the father was found on his knees in prayer, asking that the life of his daughter be spared. Yet her condition worsened. Gradually, this father sensed that his little girl would not live, and slowly his prayers changed; he no longer prayed for healing but rather for understanding. “Let Thy will be done” was now the manner of his pleadings. " (a part from the talk) 

My question: 
We often pray for help and blessings, like shown in the story you shared, about the father and his four year old little girl. First, he was praying for her health and then when he realized she was dying and his prayers weren't being answered he changed his prayer to, "not my will, but thine be done." This is something I have thought a lot about, and still don't quite understand. How do we know when we need to accept Gods will, or when we lack in faith or patience? At times we just need to be patient, or trust in the Lords timing, or accept his will. But also, at times, we don't get the answers because we don't have enough faith, or we are not doing enough on our part. So how do we know if we lack the faith or if it's Gods will, how do we draw that line? 

Well, maybe it's a silly question for you, but I still am trying to figure it out. So tell me what you think. 

This week was really good. I love my comp. 
Life is good here in Telde. 

Love, Hermana Kelemen 

No comments:

Post a Comment